1. I made Against All Grain’s paleo honey biscuits this afternoon. When I made them a month ago, they had great flavor but were still a little mushy. In the comments, Danielle said to avoid Bob’s Redmill’s almond flour, and I actually found a different and cheaper brand at my grocery store. I also baked them for 16 minutes. They’re cooling on my stovetop, and we’ll see how long I can hold off on sampling them.
2. Two “big” changes in the world of raising the babe: 1) I have stopped tracking everything Finley does on the baby app. It’s slightly embarrassing that I held on to this habit for so long. It was unnecessary for me to be recording every diaper change and bath. After the look I got from a friend this week when I told her I was still tracking all this, I knew it was time to let go. It feels good. The only issue is I forget what side to start nursing on. 2) Last night I didn’t dream feed Finley. She eats dinner at 6pm, and then I nurse her at 6:45pm. She hasn’t really been taking in much for the dream feeds recently, and she also wakes up when I pull her out of bed (although she does fall back asleep while nursing and/or when I put her back in her crib). Finley slept through the night like nothing had changed. I had a little leakage on the left side but no discomfort.
3. Yesterday Finley and I spent seven hours at a friend’s house working the garage sale. There were eight families (us included) who contributed. They’ve developed quite the system: color coded stickers and sheets and three and a half hour shifts (everyone was asked to work two). Baby and kids’ clothes seemed to do the best, and I had none of that to offer. My contributions included men and women’s clothes and household stuff. My guess is I make $50.
4. It’s been raining here all week, and while it’s great to see green grass, I am ready for sun and warm temperatures. Plus I have some yard work to do, and the rain makes that unappealing.
5. Brody and I are going to run the Madison Mini half marathon in August! We haven’t signed up yet, but he’s agreed. I showed him Hal Higeon’s novice 1 training plan, and I think we’ll both loosely follow it. We’ll do our long weekend run together with Finley. If by chance she’s not a fan of being in the stroller for that long, we may have to get creative with it: Brody runs five miles, we run five miles together with Finley, and then I run five miles. Now let’s hope we don’t have a scorcher of a summer – running in heat and humidity stinks. *Yes, I realize I slightly contradicted myself in 4 and 5.