Long time no see (or read?)! I hope everyone’s October is off to a good start.
1. I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and it a) made me feel like I am doing everything wrong with sleeping, b) confused me, c) got me paranoid again regarding Finley’s sleep habits, and d) convinced me that I will end up with a hyperactive, humorless, inflexible child. Gah! Why does everything have to be contradictory? As my friend Jena says, it would’ve been so much easier if these babies came with instruction manuals.
Fin likes sleeping on Dad on the weekends.
2. My cooking streak continues…other than the frozen pizza we had last night. This week I made calzones, teriyaki meatballs with snow peas and edamame, and pesto meatballs (which I had made pre-Finley and were frozen). I also made apple spice muffins using a recipe Nicole sent me. They are delicious, and maybe she’ll post the recipe on her blog! I may even make another batch today.
4. About 75% of the time I grocery shop at Woodman’s, I see the same guy. Seriously. It is super creepy. I wonder if he sees me and thinks the same thing. It’s not even like I shop on the same days or at the same times.
5. I hosted an Arbonne party last week for a friend who is just starting her business and ordered the “aging” facial cleanser and daily moisturizer. It is recommended to women 30 and older and helps prevent wrinkles. I am old. But, I think most people who know me realize I’ve been an 80 year old for years now. I nodded my head along with about half of these (particularly 1, 3, 6, 20, and 21).
6. How does everyone feel about the iOS update? I’m basically used to it now, but it was an adjustment. As a total nerd, I am a big fan of the new font, though.
7. It’s rainy and stormy today…and I’m into it. It’s a free pass to stay in jammies, drink lots of coffee, and watch everything on TLC. I do have a coffee date with a pregnant friend to exchange maternity clothes (for her) for winter girl clothes (for Finley). Otherwise Finley and I will not leave the house. I am excited (see #5).
8. Oh, wait. #7 may be a lie. Earlier this week, I washed the crib pad…and then dried it, and the plastic melted. A trip to Babies R Us may happen today, but it’ll be quick.
9. I went to the dentist this week. Brody and I had to switch dentist offices because we had been on my employer’s dental plan. This new office is super close to our house and seems great. Unfortunately, I have two small cavities. I need to floss.
10. On Sunday, I met Mel downtown for a run. We did three easy miles and then had coffee and a little post-run snack. It was awesome to see her, run without the jogging stroller, and sit outside at Collectivo.
Have a fantastic weekend!