1. I have been baking again! Two weekends ago I made double pumpkin muffins (my first pumpkin baking experience of the season – sad I know). I actually have the recipe from Women’s Health but found the blog linked above with the recipe all laid out. Then, on Tuesday night, I made super easy chocolate cookies: one box of devil’s food cake mix, two eggs, a third cup of oil, and any chips (I used mini Reese’s Pieces). Sugar…mmm.
2. Speaking of cookies and sugar, a few friends and I are doing a cookie exchange Sunday morning. We each come with one cookie done and bake the other together. Cookie suggestions?
3. On the cooking front, I made Brody’s favorite dish that I make: baked ziti with Italian sausage in mornay sauce. It makes great leftovers, so Brody is bringing over a container of it to Barret and Kelly (parents of the adorable Owen).
4. I love how these thoughts are like a chain and not totally random – do not expect that to continue for the entire post. Anyways, this past weekend we had our annual Friendsgiving. Erin and Tom hosted, and unlike last year’s wine-filled celebration, we were all pretty tame. The reason? Babies!
5. Bret Bielema left the Badgers. I don’t really care but do think it’s odd he didn’t wait until after the Rose Bowl. Montee Ball, James White, Melvin Gordon, and Bielema made an appearance at the UW basketball game we were at Sunday afternoon with the Big Ten Champion trophy, which was cool but now he seems like a phony.
6. Costco, which is a half mile from our house, has been open for over three weeks and I haven’t been once. I am embarrassed.
7. Although I have no races planned for a while, I have still been running three miles a few times a week, often with Brody and the dogs. Ya for family exercise time!
8. It is so sad how early the sun sets at night. I have been trying to go to the dog park at least three times a week but have been avoiding going alone when it’s going to be pitch black.
9. Our house is semi-ready for the holidays: the tree and the outside lights are up and some decorations are out.
10. Last but definitely not least, I am pregnant!
Have a great night!